Looking to kick off your electrician career in Colorado? These schools and courses will help get your career on the right track.
The Four-Year Apprentice Training Program follows a typical college calendar, in that classes are split into two semesters. First Semester begins in August and runs through December, and Second Semester begins in January and runs through May/June.
In addition to Fall start, IEC Southern Colorado has an additional Winter rotation available for First-Year Students ONLY. First Semester for Winter Rotation begins in October and runs through February, and Second Semester runs March through July. Enrollment for classes is open year-round.
- IECRM Apprentices earn wages from their employer, working full-time in the field while enrolled in the program, usually resulting in no cost to the Apprentice at the time of registration.
- No experience is required.
- Entry wages are based on experience starting at ~$15 per hour.
- Receive a raise every 6 months or 1,000 hours of On The Job Training (OJT).
- Apprentices attend classes one time per week (5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m, Aug-May)
- Earn College Credit towards a Bachelors or Associates degree.
The electrical training ALLIANCE developed uniform standards that are adopted and used nationwide to select and train thousands of qualified men and women each year. Through the electrical training ALLIANCE, the IBEW and NECA have hundreds of local programs offering apprenticeship and training in the following areas:
- Residential Wireman
- Journey-Level Worker Lineman
- Journey-Level Worker Tree Trimmer
- Journey-Level Worker Inside Wireman
- Telecommunication VDV Installer-Technician
- Journeyman Upgrade
- OSHA 10/30, First Aid, CPR, NFPA-70E
RMETI offers a top-quality electrical training program supported by a professional group of teachers and electricians committed to passing on quality knowledge and “Tradesman” skills to the next generation of the electrical construction workforce.
The Denver JATC has trained hundreds of Colorado workers to become licensed JW electricians since its creation. The JATC works with highly successful contractors throughout the State of Colorado to provide on the job training as well as extensive classroom training. Apprentices will receive competitive wages as well as a great pension and medical plan.
Inside Wireman Apprenticeship
Telecommunications Installer-Technician Apprenticeship
CITC offers two electrician apprenticeship programs.
- Orientation to the Electrical Trade
- Basic Communications and Employability Skills
- Construction Math
- Basic Safety and Electrical Safety
- Hand Tools and Power Tools
- Hand Bending
- Introduction to Material Handling
- Basic Rigging
- Introduction to Electrical Circuits and Electrical Theory
- Electrical Test Equipment
- Introduction to the National Electrical Code
- Raceways, Boxes and Fittings
- Conductors and Cables
- Introduction to Construction Specifications
- Introduction to Construction and Electrical Blueprints
- Residential Electrical Services
- Introduction to Green Building
- 10-hour OSHA Training
- Basic Principals of Construction – Supplemental
- Mathematics for Electricians – Supplemental
- Interpreting the National Electrical Code – Supplemental
- Electrical Experiments Laboratory Workbook – Supplemental
- Understanding Construction Drawings – Supplemental
Bobo Technologies has been helping electrical professionals prepare for and pass their state electrical exams for over 30 years. Our comprehensive Electrical Exam Prep course and NEC Continuing Education materials are designed by experienced professionals in the Electrical Industry.
- National Electrical Code (NEC)
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS: SOARS GROUNDING & BONDING
- Electrical Systems: Hazardous Locations
- NEC® – Analysis of Changes 2020 with Practical Exercises
- Emergency & Standby Power Systems
- and more
RRCC’s Electrical program provides you with comprehensive knowledge to become an electrician, engineer, and more
The courses in this program will prepare you for the many career opportunities in the electrical industry. A thorough treatment of DC, AC, and polyphase electric circuits and solid-state power devices minimizes the possibility of technological obsolescence. Motor controls and programmable controllers let you design and build control systems. The electrical installation courses use the latest techniques according to the National Electrical Code. The electrical code and fire alarm classes are especially useful as preparation for a state license and NICET certification examinations. You can also earn a variety of degrees and certificates.
- AAS – Line Technician
- Certificate – Line Technician
- Certificate – Electrical Technology Fundamentals
- AAS – Power Construction Supervision
- AAS – Rocky Mountain Line Technician
- Certificate – Rocky Mountain Line Technician
HBI pre-apprenticeship electrical certification
HBI Electrical Pre-apprenticeship Certification is a nationally recognized pre-apprenticeship certification. However, these hours do not count toward state electrical apprenticeship hours, or towards the hours needed for a Journeyman or Wireman’s license.
Offers electrician training and apprenticeship programs
At Encore Electric, we provide a range of well-paid career paths starting with electrical apprenticeship, plus the training and education you need to succeed in all of them. In addition to the traditional route from apprentice to project manager, our employees can pursue CAD, BIM, VDC, preconstruction and systems. Whatever you choose, you’ll have the opportunity to advance into leadership positions and continuously develop your installation and maintenance skills on a variety of exciting projects, furthering your electrical career. You can find Encore Electric jobs here.
Gold Star offers a complete two-day (16-Hour) electrical exam preparation course. This comprehensive two-day course covers many areas of concern for electricians of all experience levels. This course is great for the first-time licensing exam student, to the veteran electrician that wants to brush up on their skills before the renewal exam, or just to get a refresher. Each student is provided with a study guide which provides valuable study material and is a fantastic reference for the future.
Offers electrician training and apprenticeship programs.