The Bureau of Labor Statistics, Delaware was one of the top 10 states by employment in construction industry . The average hourly wage for plumbers is $38.65 which is higher than the national average rate of $19.04/hr It has recently been found that there are about 1,020 unfilled job openings for plumbers in Delaware as reported by DelawareOnline on March 2016.
Here are some plumbing courses in Delaware that may be useful to you and your career goals.
Delaware State Community College – Various courses including:
· Basic Plumbing Maintenance & Repair (64 hours), Introduction To Drafting And Blueprint, includes chemical, grocery & food processing plant and other food and beverage business (232 hours), Plumbing Codes and Standards (16 hours)
· HVAC and Fuel Piping (64 hours), Introduction To Drafting And Blueprint Preparation (48 hours)
For more information about all of the above, check out their website at http://www.delawarestate.edu/stcw/plumbing/. Inquiries can be made by calling 302-857-6351 or 800-443-2279.
Delaware Technical Community College – They have a 15-week course that teaches students basics in plumbing . The training fee is $3,625 which is inclusive of books and materials. For more inquiries, visit their site at https://www.dtcc.edu/academics/plumbing/.
For more details about the course, call 302-857-6351 or 800-443-2279.
The Plumbers and Pipefitters Local #20 – The plumbers and pipefitters union can teach anyone to become a plumber . No previous experience is required. Admission fee is $250 for new members which includes $100 that is allotted for use in purchasing tools and books . Members are then obliged to pay monthly dues of $40 for this year until they become fully active. If you want to be a member, contact them at 302-576-6531 or visit their office located at Unit A, 575 S Bedford St, Georgetown, DE47.
Delaware Technical Community College – They provide plumbing training that is applicable to all workplaces and it also helps them greatly in increasing their chances of getting hired by major companies.
Advanced Plumbing Technology (15 weeks), No prior experience is required for this course, tuition fee is $3,500, books and tools included.
Water Treatment I & II (12 weeks), no prior experience needed, tuition fee of $3,000 & books/tools included
Introduction to Plumbing (12 weeks), no prior experience required, tuition fee of $3,000 & books/tools included
Introduction to Blueprint Reading (24 weeks), no prior experience necessary and tuition fee of $5,000. Other costs include books and tools
For more details about these courses visit their website at https://www.dtcc.edu/cae-career-paths/plumbing/. For inquiries contact 302-857-6351 or 800-443-2279.
Wilmington University – They have classes that cover topics such as :
· Introduction to Piping & Water Distribution Systems (31 hours) , this includes first aid, CPR and other safety training, no prior experience required and tuition fee is at $1,265 per semester which also includes books/materials . This class can be completed in 9 weeks full time, 12 weeks part time or 15 weeks online.
· Introduction to Plumbing (26 hours), no prior experience necessary, payment of $1,370 for full time and $960 for part time
For additional information about the courses visit their website at www.wilmu.edu/career-programs/plumbing/. For more inquiries call 302-356-5100 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE) – They offer a certification and they give the option for those who want to either qualify via exam or by meeting the requirements set by the state . This can be advantageous because certain companies will look at this as an advantage when hiring employees . Requirements include: Four years of experience in the plumbing industry which must include at least one year of apprenticeship, be involved with work done in high rise buildings or have a job in which you are responsible for protecting the health and safety of employees or residents .
ASPE offers this certification in Delaware so if you’re interested contact them for more information. For inquiries go to their website at www.aspe.net/.
The United Association (UA) – They have options that are designed to provide individuals with the skills they need to successfully enter into an apprenticeship program within their union or elsewhere . Requirements include being at least 18 years old , having a high school diploma/equivalent and passing a drug test.
UA also provides lodging assistance programs to .
For more information about these courses visit their website at httpswww.unitedplumbers.org
American Registry of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) – They offer different classes that will provide individuals with the knowledge to become a certified heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) professional and work in the industry . Classes cover topics like:
· Heating System Design (7 hours), payment of $625 which can be completed in 9 weeks full time or 12 weeks part time
· Plumbing Codes & Standards (5 hours) for $350 , this course can be completed in 5 weeks full time or 8 weeks part time
· Heating Load Calculations (8 hours), payment of $770 which can be completed in 9 weeks full time or 12 weeks part time
For more information about these courses visit their website at www.ashrae.org/education/. For inquiries contact 410-544-8620 or email email@example.com .
National Center for Construction Education and Research – They have different programs that are meant to provide individuals with the skills needed to work as a project estimator, field supervisor , lead hands, construction site manager , superintendent , foreman, senior journeymen & master plumber . They also offer an online training program which is a good option for those who cannot attend classes on a regular basis .
Project Estimator (33 hours), payment of $960
Field Supervisor/Lead Hand (47 hours), payment of $1460
Construction Site Manager & Superintendent Training Program (120 hours) – Payment of $3,300 which can be completed in 30 weeks part time or 36 weeks full time
Master Plumber Program (120 hours) – Payment of $4,000 which can be completed in 48 weeks full time or 54 weeks part time
For more information about these courses visit their website at www.nccer.com/. For inquiries contact 888-275-6222 or email nccer@ncc er.com .
National Plumbing Foundation (NPF) – They offer online courses which are great for those who live in rural areas or cannot attend classes due to work schedules . The time limit for completion is 24 months so it can be completed at your own pace and convenience . Courses cover topics like:
· The Basics of Plumbing (8 hours), payment of $210 which can be completed in 3-4 weeks full time or 5-7 weeks part time
· HVAC & Basic Controls (8 hours), payment of $210 which can be completed 2-3 weeks full time or 4-5 weeks part time
For more information how to register, the costs, and the time limit for completing these courses visit their website at www.nationalplumbing.org/courses/. For inquiries go to their
Contact them through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-465-0204 .
North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) – This certification is required in Delaware so individuals who are interested should contact ASPE . You have to be an HVAC professional , have a high school diploma, have work experience as an HVAC technician , have passed the exam, read & agree to NABCEP policies, understand continuing education needs & requirements, and meet other eligibility requirements to qualify .
For more information about this certification visit their website at www.nabcep.org/certification_requirements/. For inquiries contact 703-548-8628 or email email@example.com .
Plumbing/Boilers Examinations Prep Course – This is a pre-exam course which is offered by ASPE . It costs $600 and covers topics like:
· Exam Orientation , NCCER Plumbing Installation, Inspection & Maintenance Test 1, National HVACR Pipefitting Test 1, NFPA 70 NEC 2014 Code Changes, International Residential Code Section R314.2 Minimum Flow Pressure Loss, NFPA 13 Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems 2013 Edition , Delaware and Maryland Plumbing Code, Delaware and Maryland Plumbing Code Supplement, and a Question of the Week
For more information visit the website at www.aspenebraska.org/prep-course/. For inquiries contact 402-471-9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .